Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bright and Cheerful

I'd just like to start by explaining about last weeks blog post.....or rather the lack of a post.  Because of my schedule, I generally only get creative on Saturday and Sunday.  Surprisingly, last week I was feeling the creative spirit on Friday as well so I thought I'd get a jump start on Christmas cards for the month of June.  I stamped quite a few images and spent a little time on Friday and Saturday coloring them with Copics.  I tried a few different color combinations and am pretty happy with the focal images.  On Sunday, I attempted to combine the images with patterned paper and card bases and nothing was working for me design-wise.  Now I have a variety of pieces, but nothing is glued down.  I'll try to make it work again, but I guess I needed to step away for a little bit. 

Today, I tried out a few new flower stamps to make basic cards.  I like the result....they're bright and cheerful and simple.  Just change up the color combo or sentiment and I have a few new cards to add to my everyday stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment