Sunday, December 23, 2012

Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies


Good Morning and Welcome to Adventures In Baking!  Are you enjoying the holiday season?  Do you have the gifts purchased and wrapped?  Meals planned and grocery lists made?  Cookies baked?  If you're looking for one more crowd pleasing little bite of heaven, look no further than these little beauties.  I found the recipe here.  The cookie photos made me drool so I knew I had to try them out! 


The ingredients.  Normal cookie stuff.  No weird ingredients in this one!


Let's get started.  Beat butter until creamy.  Add sugars and beat until smooth.  Add egg and vanilla and beat some more.  Myrtle is getting a workout with all this beating.  Oh yeah, I took my cousins suggestion and named my new mixer Myrtle after my great-grandmother.  She was the master of pie.  I'm certainly not a master of anything pastry related yet, but I can make a mean cookie. 


Next step.  In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.  Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix well.  Stir in chopped pecans. 


Final step.  Cover and chill for 30 minutes.  


And who can forget the frosting.  Combine brown sugar and half and half in a saucepan.  Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.  Boil for 4 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in butter.  Add 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar and beat with a mixer until smooth. 


Taste test.  Ah-may-zing.  Sooooooo good.  I inhaled the first cookie so, of course, I had to try another to make sure the flavors were in harmony.  Yeah, I'll just keep telling myself that, haha.  The cookie portion is light and the frosting adds just the right amount of sweetness and the pecans on top are the perfect finishing touch. 

The clean up.  This recipe yielded 36 small cookies.  These were a hit with everyone that tried them.  Try them yourself and let me know what you think! 

Enjoy!
-Teddra

No comments:

Post a Comment