Wow. When I take a break from blogging I really go all out. January. 2013. I really didn't intend to stay away so long, but you know how it is. Life happens.
So, a quick recap otherwise this post could go on for days.
* An opening occurred in my job that allowed me to transfer to the town where I grew up and quite a bit of my family still lives. Even though I have the same job responsibilities, it's still a new building with new people and learning how things work in this office. Even the little things like figuring out where to park and how to get in the building before it's open to the public can be a tad stressful till I find my groove.
* Along with the new job location comes the task of physically moving. Packing, labeling, sorting, purging and cleaning. To make matters even more chaotic, I was temporarily living with my parents while looking for a permanent residence. They were amazingly supportive and accommodating through this whole adventure.
* Which led to the purchase of my first home. I've always rented in the past due to multiple reasons, but if I was 'coming home to roost' as the saying goes, I wanted it to be in my own space. It took time, and a very patient and knowledgable realtor, but I finally found the right house for me.
* And as with most things, I wanted it to reflect who I am. And right now I am clean, colorful and uncluttered. For this house to become my home, that meant a kitchen remodel, paint on the walls and everything in it's (useful) place.
* But there was still one thing missing to truly make this my home. I had the fence installed in the Spring and Riley was born on the 4th of July. It has been 9 long years since I had a dog (and 19 since having a puppy), but I was finally in a position to bring one into my life again. And oh what an adventure this past year has been, LOL. Riley just had his 1st birthday and we've both survived a very trying year. To say we're both stubborn is an understatement.
So that's what's been happening around here in a nutshell. I'm hoping to get back on this blogging train. Probably not on any semblance of a schedule for a bit. I have so many ideas clogging up my brain right now I need to sort out first. I'm still baking, but not on a regular schedule. Just last week I made Snickerdoodle Mini Bread. Delish. And I've been making lots of homemade ice cream. The two most recent are Rocky Road and Lemonade. Both received 2 thumbs up.
And I'm still scrapbooking and card making. In fact that's the plan for this afternoon since it's supposed to be in the upper 90's around here.
Thanks for hanging out with me for a few minutes and I hope to see you back again! Here's a snapshot of Riley when he was 9 months old. I may be biased, but I think he's such a cutie!