Saturday, July 9, 2011

This is a First

I'm trying out something a little different today......stepping out of my comfort zone you could say.  I'm entering my first challenge (assuming I can figure out how to link to it)!  I'm playing along with the month long challenges at Apron Strings, 'Out with the Old, In with the New'.  I'm a little behind for this first week so bear with me and my multiple posts today.  With the variety of events being completed, there should be something for everyone. 

First up:  Use your oldest summer themed kit and combine it with your newest metallic embellishment.  

I used a kit from June 2009 and colored metal paperclips. 
The layout is from the Summer of 2009 as well (yes, I'm a few years behind....who isn't!).  I took Christopher to the Magic House in St. Louis for his 5th birthday.  The Magic House is a great place to spend the day with kids.  There's tons of hands-on activities for all ages, so it's an all day event.  One of our first stops was the Magnet Room.  I don't know if you can tell from the top photo, but colored paper clips were one of the items that were used to demonstrate on the structure.  (No, I didn't steal the paperclips ....haha). 

 

1 comment:

  1. First Welcome to your first challenge!! I'm excited to see your work - it's great! Second, love the layout, way to work your first challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete