Sunday, February 19, 2017

2015 Inspiration

Hello everyone, Are you having a great weekend?  It's gorgeous here today so this is going to be quick so I can go outside and enjoy the sunshine.

We've made it to 2015 for Papertrey Ink's celebration, only one year to go and we'll get to that tomorrow. There were so many great stamp sets this year and I have three of the featured sets, Baker's Dozen, Twig Wreath and You've Been Framed Hexagon (hereafter referred to simply as Hex). I've used the first two sets quite a bit so I pulled out Hex and came up with this Birthday card.



The Hex frame is cut from Smokey Shadow and adhered to a piece of Stamper's Select white cardstock. I ALWAYS need male birthday cards so I gathered a few colors I thought would be good for a masculine card:  Simply Chartreuse, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise and Soft Stone. All the stars, dots and squiggles, along with the sentiment, are from Good Times. The panel was trimmed down and popped up with a piece of fun foam.

Then, because I can never have enough Birthday cards and because I like to make multiples when I find something that works, I came up with a few additional color combos and made three more.


The Tropical Teal Hex frame card is stamped with Tropical Teal, Spring Rain, Classic Kraft and Charcoal. The Pure Poppy Hex frame card is stamped with Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores and Enchanted Evening. And the Enchanted Evening Hex frame card is stamped with Enchanted Evening, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold and Fine Linen.


And then, because I had all these color combos that I really liked, I added a few stamps from Tiny Treats and made a few more.




This should keep me stocked for a bit 😁
-Teddra

No comments:

Post a Comment