Monday, January 17, 2011

Snowmen Boxes

Are these boxes cute or what??

I'm finally settling in after moving yet again and starting a new job.  My scrap room is still a mess, but I'm making progress.  I'm a very organized person to start with so it's probably not as bad as I think it is, but it's driving me crazy!

Back to the boxes.  I made them for my parents and the bottom box on each contained their Christmas present:  A gift card to Disney World!  They live in Florida, about an hour south of Orlando, in the winter and love to drive up and spend the day at Epcot. 

The boxes are cut from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More.  I didn't record the sizes, but I started with the bottom and made it fit to page and then reduced each remaining box by 3/4 inch.  I glued the lids to the boxes except for the bottom box, so it could be opened and glued each box together so they were easy to handle.  I used gems for the body buttons, eyes, nose and mouth and tied a scarf around the middle box lid from a little ribbon.  To finish them off, I used a mini clothes pin and attached a mini tag to the scarf with their names.

I have a few more Christmas items to post later this week, just catching up and then my 1 year blogiversary is just around the corner (January 30)!  I have a few ideas in mind as far as setting goals for next years blog but I have a few things to work out first.  Stay warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment