Sunday, April 18, 2010

Vinyl


I've had this piece of black vinyl for 6 months but didn't know what to do with it. I received it free from Scrapbook Factory in O'Fallon and it came with a sheet of transfer paper and a piece of hard plastic. I've seen quite a few different ways bloggers have used vinyl, but I just wasn't sure about cutting it. So what's a scrapbooker to do when they need ideas or tutorials? Go to You Tube, of course!

I watched a couple of tutorials and now understand what settings to use to cut the vinyl but not the sticky backing and how to use the transfer paper. I still have no idea what the plastic piece is for. There are several cute sayings that make really cute wall art, but I only have a 12x12 sheet so I can't do too much. I did discover an awesome phrase that I'd like to make for my scraproom once I move (or decide to stay......Ugh). Anyway, I decided to start out small and just cut a frame around the word Inspire to decorate my Expression. It turned out exactly like I wanted and was so easy to do. I will definately cut more vinyl in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment