Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Super Size Post

Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since I posted any projects. Rest assured, I'll be making up for it right now!

First off, here is the first page to March. I'm using green papers this month, but starting dark and going to lighter greens at the end of the month; It's my take on 'In like a lion,out like a lamb'.


My friend Jennette recently got married and this is the card I made. I sent it in a box along with an Easter card for her son Christopher, who is 5. The carrot is actually the cake box from Tags,Bags,Boxes and More. First, I cut it out in orange cardstock so the box would be sturdy and then I cut it out again in orange patterned paper and inked the edges. I added some green ribbon out the top to make it look more like a carrot. The carrot is filled with hershey kisses. Of course when I purchased the chocolate it was only 40 degrees outside and the week I mailed it the temp reached the high 60's. Hope it didn't melt.



This is the Easter card I sent to my parents in Florida. The flowers were cut out of the card and I used pink and green cardstock behind the cutouts to give the flowers their color. I love the paper design on the inside of the card so I kept the sentiment on the left to cover all the flower piecing.



I bought this Basic Grey kit at an awesome store in Bloomington, Indiana last year. It came with a round album, 6 x 6 paper pad, brads, rub-ons and a sheet of letters. I think it was designed to be for a teenage girl with a different friends photo on each page and little embelishments like a phone, lipstick, high heels, etc. I followed in instructions as far as which papers to use on each page but that was as far as I was willing to go. I didn't really have anything in mind to use it for, so it's sat on the shelf in it's unfinished state just waiting for a lightbulb to go off in my head. Finally, it happened one cold winter day driving across Interstate 64. I'll print a few photos of my friends new baby and give it to her for her first Mother's Day. So, here it is....Emma's Book. Hope you enjoy looking at my projects. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment