Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thanksgiving 2010 Layout

For this weeks mystery layout, I choose a package of papers from Cosmo Cricket.  I used photos I took on Thanksgiving Day of the family members that were there.  This is actually a two-page layout, but I need to re-print one of the photos that goes on the other page, so that one isn't quite ready just yet. 

I'm really liking the whole 'mystery layout' thing I've got going.  My previous system started with photos and then I would take forever choosing papers and embellishments.  I could spend 2 or more hours working on a two page layout that I was never fully satisfied with in the end.  Now, I blindly choose a pre-packaged set of papers and embellishments, pick out the photos and can be finished with two pages in about an hour!  Another thing my previous layouts lacked was titles.  I don't know exactly what I had against the use of words on my pages, but I've also been adding short (usually one or two word) titles to the pages and can see a huge difference!  

I haven't had a chance to work on any cards this week because I started watching season 1 of Dexter on DVD and became addicted.  I would consider myself a multi-tasker, but for some reason, I'm not physically capable of being creative and watching a movie or TV at the same time.  With tomorrow being President's Day and I don't have to work (Yeah!!), I have the entire day to stamp my heart out.   

No comments:

Post a Comment