Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Last Day Layout

One of several drastic changes in my life during 2010 was finding out the company where I'd worked since college was being sold.  The job I'd called home for 17 years was ending, the company was being sold and we were being tossed aside.  This layout represents that last day of employment.  It's safe to say there wasn't much being accomplished those last few weeks so on this final day, Monday, May 24, 2010, we closed early and headed to the neighborhood bar.  We had some drinks, we had some laughs, we traded phone numbers and email addresses, we waited out a severe thunderstorm to run to our cars and we parted ways.  I've spoken to a few former co-workers since that day and we're all friends on Facebook now.  I caught up with one at a mutual friends baby shower and heard some sad health related news about another.  We've passed along job openings to each other, cheered each other on before interviews and offered congratulations when the job offer is announced. We're surviving, some better than others.  So this little layout represents quite a few things, but May 24 will always be.....The Last Day. 

Just so you know....although I've only posted the layout this week, I did work on a few cards.  We had a raging blizzard hit central Illinois in the middle of the week so the office was closed on Wednesday.  Yeah!  I took full advantage of a snow day and worked on Valentine cards.  I took pictures, but don't want to spoil the surprise for the recipients so I'll post them in a few weeks.  I {love} the design.  They're too cute.  This upcoming week is a four-day work week due to the holiday on Friday, so I should have plenty of time to get started on the monthly Christmas cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment