Wednesday, April 11, 2012

S'mores Cookies

Hello and welcome to Wednesday!  This week in Adventures In Baking we took a road trip.  For the holiday weekend, I went to visit my parents in Southern Illinois and my Dad requested I make a cookie.  I ended up making TWO types of cookies and am sharing the S'mores cookie today.  I found the recipe here at Kevin & Amanda.


The ingredients.  My Mom had most of the basics I needed, but I brought the mini-chocolate chips, graham crackers and Mallow Bits. 


Let's get started.  This recipe is super easy.  Cream together the butter and sugars (white and brown).  Add egg and vanilla and beat some more.


Next step.  Crush 7 graham crackers into fine crumbs.  In a separate bowl, mix together crumbs, flour, baking powder and salt.  Slowly add dry ingredients to creamed mixture just until dough forms.  Add the chocolate and marshmallows and stir to combine.


Final step.  Scoop onto cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes.


Taste test.  I think I liked these cookies more than my mom and dad.  I LOVE the graham cracker dough.  The dough is very dry so the cookies didn't expand hardly at all.  I could do without the mallow bits, you can't really taste them and I think they made the dough more difficult to stick together.  The recipe makes a very manageable two dozen cookies. 

Next time on Adventures In Baking.....we're back in Springfield and I'm thinking about making a pie!  I don't know what kind yet, but it will involve fruit.  Stay tuned.

Till then,
Teddra



No comments:

Post a Comment