Sunday, September 5, 2010

Baby Shower Gift


I purchased this painters tray months ago but hadn't used it for anything.  I received an invitation to a baby shower and decided it would make a nice shadow box for a baby's room.  The mom is decorating the room in pink and brown so I used a rich chocolate brown as the base piece behind each rectangle to ground it a little and give some separation between the white tray and the lite colored papers.  The papers are from a baby girl stack I picked up on sale at Jo Ann's.  I added a few embellishments, but wanted to leave space for the baby photos and journaling of first impressions, date of birth, weight and height.  I have some chipboard letters that I want to use to put on the little hanging tag, but they haven't decided on a name yet so that will be added later.  I also finished the frame off with chocolate ribbon around the sides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment