Thursday, September 2, 2010

Best Friend


This is Theo.  He's my most difficult subject to scrapbook.  When my brother and I were kids, we didn't have any pets because we spent so much time out of the house between school, piano lessons, sports and camping.  As a result, we both adopted dogs in our early 20's.  His first fur-kid was a bulldog named Ella and he's now the proud papa of  two labs, Apollo and Alana.  My dream dog was a Shar-Pei.  Theo passed away 5 years ago after a full life of chasing squirrels, riding shotgun in the truck and catching an afternoon nap in front of the fireplace.  I still miss him each and every day.  I have tons of photos from every stage of his life, so you'd think scrapbook pages would be easy.  Not so much.  I've purchased enough dog themed products over the past 10 years to use every photo I have, but my head goes to another place when I start looking through the pictures, I loose all desire to put them on paper.  Does anyone else have this problem? 

This layout is one of my favorite photos of him because it's so funny.  It looks all sweet with him peeking out from the flowers with his head tilted.  It reminds me of having professional photos taken where the photographer tilts your head to some unnatural angle and you end up looking like you're very pensively starting into space.  I find it extremely funny because it's all an illusion!  More than likely, someone was holding food in front of him and that's what he's staring at so longingly.  That it happened to be in front of a flower arrangement is irrelevant and just added a natural embellishment.  I know I'll love the album when I'm finished and treasure it forever.  Thanks for looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment