Sunday, March 6, 2011

Baby Shower

Did you think I forgot about you?  I didn't forget, but I was so far out of the scrappy mood this weekend I wasn't sure I would get anything finished!  Believe me, if there had been anything halfway interesting on TV I would not be posting right now.  I think it's the weather.  We had several days in a row of sunny, 50-60 degree temps and Spring seemed to be right around the corner and then the thunderstorms started Friday night.  Saturday was full of gray, a steady rain and chilly temps, which are just depressing when you're longing for Spring.

I did spend a few hours blog surfing yesterday and found a sketch support blog for cards and layouts.  I found one card sketch that really impressed me with the variety of ways the designers interpreted the elements.  I ended up creating a birthday card full of bright, cheerful colors.  I think I'm going to try the same sketch again using pastel shades or maybe try to make it monochromatic. 

Since I seemed to be making a little scrappy progress, I decided to go ahead and select a layout package.  The one I selected only had three pieces of single sided patterned paper: a stripe, a floral and a page with multi-colored elephants.  Yes, I said colored elephants.  No embellishments, no ribbon and no cardstock!  Huh, what am I supposed to do with that??   Well, the colors aren't quite pastel, but I thought I could turn it into a baby layout.  Like I said earlier, I wasn't in full scrappy brain mode, but I think it turned out OK.  I mirrored the single page layout so the baby shower pics are on the left side and the hospital pictures are on the right side.  And, without any embellishments in the package, I was able to use a few flowers, gemstones, tags and letters.  Here's to warmer temps, sunny days and scrappy brains!  Cheers!      

No comments:

Post a Comment