Sunday, March 20, 2011

Vintage Christmas

Happy Sunday to you!  I can feel it in the air....Spring is almost here!  The days are longer, the sun shines through the clouds more often, March Madness is on TV, the birds are chirping and the rabbits and squirrels  are running around the yard.  My scrapbook work area looks out a sliding glass door into the back yard so I've been watching the acrobatics of the squirrels today. 

I worked on my Christmas in March cards this morning.  I used a 6 x 6 vintage Christmas paper pack from Webster's Pages.  The graphics are amazing on both sides of the paper and everything coordinates really well.  I completed two 5x7 cards and two 4.25 x 5.5 cards.  Very simple, but since I mail most of my cards, they need to be flat.  The vintage papers have the appearance of multiple layers but without the bulk. 

I picked my layout mystery paper last night.  I was hoping for something I could use for wedding photos, but instead picked a set with bright orange and turquoise.  I'm all for using non traditional color combinations, but I don't think the patterned paper with the cartoon lions will work well with formal dress attire.  Looks like I'm heading to the birthday pictures for this layout!  

No comments:

Post a Comment