Sunday, March 13, 2011

Vintage Birthday Card

Hello Again, jumping right into this weeks card.  I love the look of vintage cards and layouts but I have a very difficult time achieving the look.  This is my latest attempt.  Kinda close.  I started by using a border leaf stamp with Versamark ink and stamped the border repeatedly down the cardstock to create the background.  Next I stamped and colored the glass canning jar.  The lid and label were stamped separately onto patterned paper and hand cut to layer over the jar.  Note to self:  Pick up the jar dies :-)  The key to vintage is in the layers.  With this in mind, I added a doily and matching plum ribbon.  The focal point felt like it still needed something so I added the tail of a paper ribbon peeking out behind the jar in yellow. 

My Grandmother's 90th Birthday is next week and this card is heading her direction.  I layerd a little on the inside as well.  Hope she likes it.

Now, I'm off to work on this weeks layout.  I have the papers picked out but still need to look through the photos.  And, I have a few ideas floating around the old noggin for Christmas cards I still need to work on for March.  Till next week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment