Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 3 Challenge

The challenge for Day 3 at Apron Strings is to take a semi used kit and combine it with new cardstock. 


I used Basic Grey papers left over from the October 2009 kit.  All I have left are a few pieces, but with my love for anything Basic Grey, I couldn't part with the leftovers.  I have no idea what color cardstock was with the original kit, but I used a mustard yellow to bring out the bright spots of color in the long side strip.  These are some old pictures from my childhood.  I think I was around 10 or 11 at the time.  I added the crochet ribbon trim, doily and ticket embellishments from a few odds and ends I have in my stash.  Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this line from Basic Grey, and I can't part with the pieces either - and I'm not a scrap saver. LOL, and I can't remember the original color of the cardstock either.

    ReplyDelete