Saturday, July 16, 2011

One


Happy Saturday to everyone!  It's a hot one here in Central Illinois today, not so much the temps (although those are in the 90's) but the humidity makes being outside not a very happy place to be.  It's gonna be like that for a couple more days before we get a little break, so staying inside with the air conditioning sounds like the place to be. 

I completed this layout of my 1st Birthday for the month long challenge series at Apron Strings blog.  For Day 10, we were to use our least favorite kit as well as something new that we really love.  I used the Lily Bee Vintage Poppy kit from December 2009.  I love the designs on the papers, but I just couldn't seem to find any pictures that looked right with the colors so it kept getting passed over.  It took this challenge for me to really look for something that would work and these pictures from the 70's certainly fit the bill.  As for the something new that I love.....that would be the cherry carnival ticket in the corner.  I recently purchased these on etsy in a couple of colors and love them.  They're great for adding the date or location of the event on the layout.  I used my Cricut to cut the circle ring and some random chipboard letters for the title.
 

2 comments:

  1. Love this! The circle, the ticket ... the photos of you!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! Totally works for those "fabulous" 70's photos. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete