Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Chocolate Mint Brownie Bites



Hello and Welcome to Adventures In Baking!  I don't know about you but I'm ready to jump right into Holiday Baking.  I've seen so many recipes I'd like to try that it's been extremely difficult to narrow down my selection.  With all the apple and pumpkin inspired goodness I've tried this fall, it's been awhile since I focused on chocolate.  So that's what we're testing out today, chocolate with a little mint.  I'm using a recipe I found at Tasty Kitchen and you can get all the details right here. 


The ingredients.  Butter, sugar, eggs, mint extract and chocolate.  Easy enough.


Let's get started.  Melt chocolate in a bowl in the microwave.  Remove from microwave and stir in 8 Andes Mints until it's all melted.  Let cool slightly.  I followed the directions on the box for melting the chocolate, but I zapped it for 30 more seconds once I added the Andes Mints so it would be nice and smooth.

 
Next step.  Cream butter and sugar.  Beat in eggs one at a time.  Drizzle in the cooled chocolate mixture slowly until it's combined.  Add flour and mix thoroughly.  Add mint extract and mix it again.


Final step.  Use a cookie scoop to scoop batter into mini muffin tin.  Bake about 15 minutes. 

 
Turn the brownies out upside down to cool. 
 
 
 
Combine 25 Andes Mints in a bowl with butter and chopped chocolate. Microwave and stir until melted and smooth.  Dip the brownie 'tops' in the chocolate.  Chop the remaining Andes Mints and sprinkle them on top.
 
 
Taste test.  Ohhh yeah.  These smell just like Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies.  And they taste really good too.  They're much lighter than I thought they'd be.  I thought they'd be a thick, heavy, very chocolaty brownie, but they're reasonably light in texture.  They're very cute.  There's a lot of unwrapping mints and chopping chocolate so I wouldn't want to make a lot of these.  They would be nice to make as a fun little treat for a few special people on my Christmas list.

Are you ready to start your holiday baking?
Enjoy!
-Teddra 

No comments:

Post a Comment