Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Last Road Trip

Hi, it's me again.  Here to provide a little look into my crafty world.  For the month of September I'm participating in a month long challenge series on Apron Strings Designs blog called 4 Sketches, 20 Days.   

For day #2, it's time to start seeing the versatility in sketches. This sketch is great because it uses 4x6 photos; uncropped means fast. Today, replace at least one 4x6 photo with two 2x3's. Still fast, and you get more photos to the page.

And here's what I came up with....
I used Ellie's Tale papers from Sassafras from Apron Strings May 2011 kit.  In my previous life (prior to May 2010) I did a ton of traveling for my job.  I was usually on the road 3 days each week, with longer trips thrown in every 3 months or so.  Before the company was sold, my final trip was to Chicago and Minneapolis and these are a few pics from there.
 
Using the sketch for this layout went super fast.  I think the layout for day 1 took about an hour and this one came together in 20 minutes!  Here's a helpful hint: When you're working on the first layout for the sketch, write down the paper dimensions for each layer so you don't have to figure them out new each time....it was a super time saver!


  Yes, the bottom far left pic is Chicago, in May. Foggy. There's also a picture of the Sears Tower (oops, I mean the Willis Tower.....whatever, it'll always be the Sears Tower even though Sears moved to the burbs).   
 
Thanks for stopping by, now go enjoy the 3 day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You have great shots there and wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch -- I love how you did the bracket edges!

    ReplyDelete