Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pecan Pie Muffins


Hi and Welcome to Adventures In Baking.  This week I had a nice, sweet lemon pound cake muffin recipe all ready to go.  Then the weather turned from bright, sunny and mid-60's to cold, rainy and the 20's.  The light, fluffy lemon just didn't feel right anymore.  I wanted something warm and cozy.  And that's how I found the recipe for Pecan Pie Muffins here.  Pecan Pie totally says fall and warmth and, especially, Thanksgiving but that's just the mood I was in. 


The Ingredients   All five of them.  Yes, that's not a typo.....five ingredients. 


Let's get started.  Stir together brown sugar, flour and pecans.  **Five ingredients and one measuring utensil!  Can this get any easier? 


Next step.  Beat the butter and eggs together until smooth and stir in the dry ingredients until just combined.


Final step.  Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. 


Taste test.  This smells just like Pecan Pie.  This tastes just like Pecan Pie.....but, in my opinion, better!  I really couldn't begin  to remember the last time I ate Pecan Pie, but it's been years.  My memory of Pecan Pie is that it's super sweet and while these do have a bit of sweetness, it's not overwhelming.  This muffin is the perfect sweet, chewy, nutty proportion (and you don't have to worry about burning the crust!)

The clean-up.  The recipe made 9 muffins.  An odd number.  They barely rise so I could have filled the cups more for a larger muffin.  The recipe says to place a slice of butter on top and eat them warm but I opted to skip the butter.  I've reheated mine in the microwave for 10 seconds throughout the week and they're still moist and yummy.  Although it's again in the mid-60's and I kinda with I had a lemon muffin.  I'll just have to save it for the summer.

If you get a chance, give these muffins a try.  This is, by far,  the easiest recipe I've tried in this great adventure of mine.

Enjoy
-Teddra    

No comments:

Post a Comment