Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Brown Sugar Crinkles


Hi and welcome to a delicious episode of Adventures In Baking!  I'm just gonna put this out there ...... these are the BEST cookies I've ever tasted.  I didn't think anything would ever come close to the Peppermint Chunkies I made here, but these are so yummy (and super addictive).  Let's get right to it.


The ingredients.  Simple enough.  Dark brown sugar instead of light brown sugar.


Let's get started.  Beat brown sugar, butter and vanilla until creamy.  Add eggs, one at a time.  Beat in baking soda and salt.  Add flour and pecans, stirring until smooth.


** The recipe called for toasted pecans. Being the inexperienced chef I am, I had no idea how to toast pecans. I was picturing taking a kitchen torch (maybe not an actual torch, but whatever those things are you use on creme brulee). Turns out all you have to do is melt a little butter, mix in pecans and stick em in the oven for 5 minutes at 350 degrees. Easy peasy.  After removing them from the oven, I laid them out on some wax paper to cool.  And they smell soooooo good. Bet that little torch thingy would have been a a lot of fun, LOL! 

Next step.  Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.  How did I spend my hour?  I took the opportunity to run to a LSS to see what they had on sale for National Scrapbook Day.  Scored a couple of good deals and now back to finish the cookies! 


Final step.  Place confectioners sugar in a shallow bowl.  Roll dough into balls and then into sugar. 


Taste test.  One word....YUM.   More nutty than sweet.  Chewy with a crisp outer shell.  I'm still snacking on these 4 days later.  These would be good year round and for any occasion.  Next office bring-food event, these are gonna be on the menu.  And I may keep a few for myself, haha.


The clean up.  This recipe said it made 4 dozen cookies and I ended up with 44.  (Ate too much of the dough!).    

On the next episode, it's Mother's Day weekend and I've got my baked good recipe picked out and am looking forward to the taste test!

Have a great week!
-Teddra


 


No comments:

Post a Comment