Saturday, March 11, 2017

PTI: Altered Envelope

Hello Again!

Do you add anything special to the envelope when you mail a card?  Calligraphy has been around forever, but envelope art appears to be extremely popular these days. For the past year or two, I've added washi tape to seal the envelope flap, but that's the extent of my envelope dressing up.

One of the challenges for Papertrey Ink's March release countdown is to create a card to send to someone that may need a bit of cheering up AND spend time altering the envelope as well. So there are multiple layers to this challenge LOL: Make a card, alter the envelope and then actually get it in the MAIL. Now, I don't mail every card I make but I m pretty good about mailing several each week but I can see where this may be a problem for some 🙃

I had the idea for how I wanted to alter the envelope first so that's where I started. I stamped a Kraft envelope with the flower outline from Vintage Linens repeatedly on the front and only on the flap on the back. Then for the card, the flower, leaves and sentiment are stamped with Classic Kraft, Harvest Gold and Spring Moss. The stamped panel was cut at an angle and layered over Harvest Gold striped paper and a Heart Border diecut in Spring Moss. To finish the envie, I added a label from Don't Forget To Write. And just so I'll be sure to drop this one in the mail, I've already added one of my super cute Soda Fountain hot fudge sundae stamps.

Have a great weekend!
-Teddra




No comments:

Post a Comment