Sunday, March 12, 2017

PTI: Favorite Florals

One last post for this weekend.  I imagine there will be challenges for the final two days of the countdown but as that will be on weekdays I don't know that I'll be able to participate.

It's Day 3 of Papertrey Ink's Anniversary celebration and it's all about Spring. The challenge is to dig out our favorite floral set and create a new project. I don't know that I have one favorite floral set. Don't get me wrong, I have floral sets. I most likely have too many floral sets. But there isn't really one set that I reach for over and over. With all the challenges the past two months, I've used a variety of florals, so as I was flipping through the stamps, I decided to use Twig Wreath. I've always thought of this set as geared more toward Autumn and Winter than Spring but thought I'd give it a try.



I started by blending Limeade Ice and Autumn Rose inks onto a piece of white cardstock. The wreath was cur from Classic Kraft and stamped with Dark Chocolate ink. The flowers, twigs and leaves were stamped with Sweet Blush, Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel, Blueberry Sky, Hawaiian Shores, New Leaf, Limeade Ice and Dark Chocolate. I played around with the arrangement until I was happy with it and then popped several flowers with pop dots. The sentiment is from Choose Joy and stamped with Dark Chocolate ink. The panel was then trimmed down and adhered to an Autumn Rose cardbase. I think this might be my favorite card made from the Anniversary challenges.

Have a great week!
-Teddra

1 comment: