Tuesday, March 14, 2017

PTI: Transformation

Wow, have you checked out all the goodies introduced the past 10 days at Papertrey Ink??  So many cute, beautiful, useful, fun, awe-inspiring eye candy I don't know how I'll choose when the new products hit the store tomorrow night.

There's one final challenge for the Anniversary countdown and it's to create a new project improving on one of your projects earlier in the festivities. I knew what I wanted to do the minute I read the challenge-I wanted to rework my Snowflake from the first day. It's not that I don't like the snowflake, it's just that it wasn't what I had in mind when I started.  This is what I started with:


And using inspiration from the new Flower Mandalas dies, this is what it transformed into:


Talk about a transformation LOL!  I still used the Snowflake Stitching die, but instead of felt it's cut from cardstock and layered with a few other dies to create a vibrant Birthday card. The layers from bottom to top are:  Lacey Circles (an old Spellbinders die), Tinsel and Tags, Stitched Snowflake, Fab Flakes, a smaller Lacey Circles, 2 more Fab Flakes layers and a leftover bit from the Cover Plate Circles. The small oval accent pieces are popped out from the Stitched Snowflake.



I die cut each of the pieces from Enchanted Evening, Raspberry Fizz and Limeade Ice cardstock so all the extra pieces allowed me to make several versions. The sentiment is from Stylish Sentiments Birthday. I want to note, even though I used dies I already own, I can not wait for the Flower Mandalas dies to be released. They will be the first thing in my cart tomorrow night.


Have a good one!
-Teddra

2 comments:

  1. wow! what a creative use of those dies. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, Teddra!! Love your new creations!!

    ReplyDelete