Wednesday, March 8, 2017

PTI Felt Stitching

Hello and welcome-

Papertrey Ink is celebrating 10 years in the biz this month with guest bloggers, new challenges and changes. Lots of changes. I don't mind changing things up, it just takes a little getting used to. I think of myself as pretty versatile and have dipped my toes in quite a few crafty realms over the years. My Mom and Aunt were great influences in this regard. I feel like I always have at least five different projects going at one time lol.

One of the changes is a monthly feature focused on the stitching dies. The first stitching die I purchased was the Stitched Snowflake. I've used it on cards and tags but I don't think I've ever actually stitched with it. My first idea was to try to make a 3D Snowflake but I couldn't get it to work. This die has So. Many. Holes. Well, it's something to think about and maybe I can make it work before Christmas. This is what I made instead:



Now that I look at it, there's really very little stitching!  The stitches in the center are to hold the two layers together so the flakes can have a little bit of movement and not be entirely flat.

Thanks for stopping by
-Teddra

No comments:

Post a Comment