Monday, February 13, 2017

2009 Inspiration

Hello and Happy Monday.

Today's challenge for Papertrey Ink's 10th Anniversary celebration is to create a project using one of the featured stamp sets released in 2009 or, if you don't have one of the sets, take inspiration from one of the examples.

Once again I don't have any of the featured sets, although I do have several that were released in 2009:  Journaling Lines, Background Basics: Text Style, Polka Dot Basics 2, Fancy Flourishes and Say It With Style. I recently used Fancy Flourishes for the January Blog Hop. You can see that card HERE. Today's card is inspired by the patterned background and color combo in THIS  card by Dawn McVey.



I started by stamping one of the small images from Quilled Elegance in a row of Raspberry Fizz followed by a row of Pure Poppy. I then used a tiny heart from the same set to fill in the spaces with Simply Chartreuse. The panel was attached to a piece of bitty dot paper also in Simply Chartreuse. The sentiment, from Say It With Style, was stamped in Raspberry Fizz and layered onto a strip of Simply Chartreuse cardstock and adhered to a white cardbase.

Since I had all the supplies out, I made a second card using the same stamp sets and Raspberry Fizz ink and patterned paper. The heart quills were colored with Copic markers in a variety of pinks.



Thanks for spending a little time with me today!
-Teddra

No comments:

Post a Comment