Saturday, February 25, 2017

February Papertrey Blog Hop

Hello on this final February weekend. I can't believe how quickly the year is going. Although I think it helps that the grey, dreary days have been few and far between. The sun has been shining, the flowers and trees are blooming and the windows are open.  We may actually have a long Spring this year before the humidity hits.

Today is the day for Papertrey Ink's monthly Blog Hop. You can read all about it, see the inspiration photo and check out everyone's interpretation HERE

The inspiration photo is absolutely stunning, but so outside my comfort zone. It's full of dark, rich colors with not a speck of white to be seen. Greys, hot pink, burgundy and gold strike me as colors better suited to late Autumn so my Springtime mood struggled with making this work.



I knew I wanted to use a cover plate to create a tone on tone background with a little pop of color so that's where I started. Cover Plate Circles was used to cut a piece of Smoky Shadow and Raspberry Fizz cardstock. The Smoky Shadow Circle piece was layered onto a Smoky Shadow cardbase and inlaid with 4 circles from the Raspberry Fizz piece.  Whenever I find myself struggling to force an idea to work, I find it's best to go back to the basics and keep it simple. The sentiment from Choose Joy is heat embossed in gold onto Smoky Shadow cardstock and layered onto a Limitless Layers diecut in Limeade Ice. Black gemstones were added as a final touch.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend!
-Teddr

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, colorful modern card. That background is really neat! thanks for sharing. Really like the pink circles, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...very modern...very chic...and what a hit of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Love the textures and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the pop of colour you added to the coverplate image. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the coverplate you used and think your pops of color are perfect!

    ReplyDelete