Sunday, February 12, 2017

PTI 2007 Inspiration

Hello and welcome!

Today's challenge was to be inspired by one of the featured stamp sets released in 2007. My very first Papertrey stamp set purchase in 2010 was Faux Ribbon which was released in 2007. I used it quite a bit in my early stamping days because I loved that it had tons of sentiments as well as lines to make patterns.  In looking back through the blog, I found a card made for the September 2011 BLOG HOP  where I used the Faux Ribbon set.  Faux Ribbon wasn't one of the featured sets so I drew inspiration from Wanda's nautical card and used the Ahoy stamp set and red, white and blue color combo.



Lots of layers on this one and they're all on a Kraft card base.  I started with Red + White Basics striped paper. The next layer is Enchanted Evening cardstock stamped multiple times in white with the wave stamp from Ahoy. Then there's a small strip of striped vellum and finally a piece of Pure Poppy cardstock that had been stamped with a variety of stars from Star Scribbles in Pure Poppy Ink and heat embossed with a sentiment from Ahoy in white Hero Arts embossing powder. The anchor, also from Ahoy, is cut from fun foam.

Thanks for stopping by-
Teddra







No comments:

Post a Comment