Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies


Hello and welcome to this weeks Adventures In Baking.  I seem to be on a cookie kick here lately and one of my favorites is Oatmeal Cookies.  Without Raisins.  My Mom knows how much I love oatmeal cookies so she emailed me the recipe I'm using today and you can find it here on Barefoot Contessa's blog.


The ingredients.  Cookies always have soooo many ingredients.  This one uses rolled oats (naturally), dark brown sugar, cranberries and whole wheat flour.


Let's get started.  Cream the butter with the granulated and brown sugars.  Add the eggs and stir. 


Next step.  Add the cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tarter and vanilla to the mixture.  Stir in the oats.


Final step.  Mix in the all-purpose and whole wheat flours.  Then add the cranberries.  I couldn't decide whether or not to use the whole wheat flour but I wanted to stay true to the recipe.  If you look closely at the above photo, you can see the slight color difference between the all-purpose flour on the left and whole wheat flour on the right. 


Taste test.  The batter wasn't very thick and I was worried the cookies would spread out in the over, but they held their shape pretty well.  The cookies are nice and chewy, just how an oatmeal cookie should be.


The clean up.  The recipe said it yielded 24 cookies.  I made 46.  And these aren't some little bite-sized cookies.  These are full-sized cookies.  I can't imagine how big they'd be to only have 24 cookies.  This would be a good cookie to make using the Whoopie Pie Pan so they'd be nice the thick and chewy.  And they're so good I can't decide if I'm going to take any to work and share or not.  I may just bag some for the freezer!  After I enjoy a few more with a glass of cold milk that is....

I'm heading out of town again for a couple of days for work and I'm anticipating a spotty Internet connection.  But I'll be back as soon as I can with the final 6 month review of The Best of the Rest.
Till then
-Teddra





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment