Monday, July 2, 2012

The Best of the Cookies

Hi and welcome to a special edition of Adventures In Baking.  Since we've reached the mid-way point of the calendar I thought I'd do a little 6 month review of my favorite adventures.  Let's start with the cookies!  I attempted 8 cookie recipes since January 1 and my Top 2 Favorites are the Peppermint Chunkies from January and the Brown Sugar Crinkles from May.  You can check out the original posts here and here. 


I've made two more batches of the Brown Sugar Crinkles since the original post and everyone has loved them.  I probably would have made another batch of the Peppermint cookies if the chewy peppermints from Andes were available and not just a seasonal item. 

Next in line on the favorites list would be the Butterscotch Pecan Sandies I made for my Dad's Birthday in January and the thick, chewy Chocolate Chip cookies I made two weeks ago using my Whoopie pan.  The original posts can be found  here and here.



The Sandies use way too much butter, but are so light and flaky you can't eat just one.  The chocolate chip on the other hand are so nice and BIG and round (and melty when they're warmed up in the microwave for a few seconds) that one'll do ya.
And then to round out the top 5 cookies, we have the Snickerdoodles I made in February.  You can read all about these cookies here.  Soft and chewy with a touch of cinnamon.  'Nuff said.


The three remaining cookie's I've made so far this year are the Chocolate Mint Thumbprints, S'Mores and Toffee Chip Snickerdoodles.  While they each had their own unique quality, they just weren't a cookie I'd want to eat again.  And life's too short to eat cookies that don't WOW you!

That's it for today.  Check back later this week for the round up of The Best of the Cakes! 

Happy Baking!
-Teddra




No comments:

Post a Comment