Sunday, July 22, 2012

PTI Mini Book Challenge

Just stopping by to show my progress on the mini book challenge.  It was difficult deciding which technique to try and I finally decided Heather's book was the one for me.  I'm not finished yet, but I'm well on my way.  Here's a little progress report:

Selecting the photos and laying them out.  I'm making a 6x6 book so the photos are printed in wallet size.

Next, cutting all the pages as well as a front and back cover.  I cut 9 pieces of  Melon Berry cardstock at 6x7 for the interior pages and 2 pieces of Kraft cardstock at the same size for the covers.  I used a 6x6 chipboard template and a hole punch to space the binding holes.  The long side of each paper was scored at 1 inch so my book would fully open and be able to lay flat.


Adding the paper.  The theme of the book is an RV trip to visit several National Parks out West and PTI's Road Trip patterned papers worked perfectly.  The first and last interior pages are fully covered and the remainder each have a 3x6 strip of paper on the outside half of the page. 


Here's the first two pages in their basic form.  I just need to add a little journaling and embellishments and I'll be done!


This challenge is for the Memory Preservation badge.  Memory-Preservation-Badge

No comments:

Post a Comment