Sunday, July 22, 2012

PTI Homemade Embellishments

Whew, what a weekend full of craftiness!  I have one final project to share before I have to put away all my pretty paper and ink and return to the real world.  To earn the DIY badge, we were to create our own embellishments.  I'm really inexperienced at this as 99% of the cards I make get sent through the postal system so my cards are generally very, very flat. 

I decided to try Dawn's layering instructions to create a few embellishments emphasizing a Military theme. 


Three different dies were used to cut stars, banners and hearts.  The Tiny Tags die has both hearts and stars which provided more options.  The red, white and blue patterned papers are a mixture of dots, grid and flowers.


I mixed and matched and moved the pieces around until I was happy with the results.  The tiny top layer is popped up with foam squares.


One final step was to give a slight curve to the tips of the stars.

Supplies used:
Patterned paper:  In Bloom, Bitty Box, Bitty Dots
Dies:  Tiny Tags, Seeing Stars, Banner Builder

DIY-Badge
Well, that's it for me. 
Thanks for stopping by
-Teddra

No comments:

Post a Comment